Volunteers from across the country will all come together for an evening of glitz and glamour at the 2018 Vitality Goalden Globes on Saturday 15th September at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham, to recognise the outstanding contributions they make to our sport.
The Vitality Goalden Globe Awards is a collective celebration, beginning at a regional level with various events held between May and July, and culminating in a prestigious national awards evening.
The 2018 Vitality Goalden Globe Awards will include an online vote, where you can find out more about the fabulous achievements of all of our nominees and choose who you feel should win each category. Take a look at the South West winners who have been nominated:
Grassroots Coach Award: Emma Isaac
Grassroots Officials Award: Claire Daly
Mary Bulloch Administrator Award: Rebecca Calver
Muriel McNally Award: Erica Davies
Outstanding Netball Club: Taunton Netball Club
Teacher Award: Angela Walker
Unsung Hero Award: Sarah Powlesland
Young Volunteer Award: Imogen Barry
Inclusion and Diversity Award: Wiltshire Council – Walking Netball Hosts
The online vote is limited to one vote per category and for each award the online vote will make up 60% of the total scoring. The remaining 40% will be determined by the Vitality Goalden Globe Awards National Panel who review all nominations across all categories.
Tickets for this prestigious event always sell fast so we advise you to book at the earliest opportunity to avoid missing out.
Tickets are £50 each or £450 for a table of 10 and are available here. All nominees will receive a direct communication and invite to the event.
Select from the categories to read up on all of the nominees and make your vote. Please note that voting is limited to one per person for each category and voting closes at 5pm on Friday 31st August.
Good luck to all of the South West Winners who are nominated and to Karen Jones and Val Sanders for their Long Service Award nominations at the event.
Each week we will be updating you on a good news story from the South West as part of our new wedNEWSday articles. If you have a good news story that you would like to share please send your story and a picture to Laura Woodruff (firstname.lastname@example.org)