On the Ball Workshop
September 12 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
This workshop will focus on catching and passing skills and identify how practice design can help players become more skilful in matches. This is a practical workshop that will involve coaches observing and analysing passing and catching technique as well as developing basic practices to enhance the decision making players are required to make in games. At the end of the workshop coaches should have the skills to observe and analyse technique and make corrective measures to improve performance and develop practices that will help players with decision making in game play.
By the end of the workshop a coach should be able to:
- Identify practices to develop ball handling skills
- Identify and describe correct passing and catching technique
- Identify the difference between random, variable and blocked skills practices for ball skills.
- Describe how different practice design influences player development
- Define the decisions required by players when receiving and passing
- Identify the physical impact of practices on players
- Observe skills in action with the aim of detecting strengths and areas for improvement
Course Duration: 3 hours
Affiliated EN Member: £25
Non – Affiliated: £35