- This event has passed.
On The Move: Essential Movement Skills for Netball Workshop
13th August 2016 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The course will introduce the coach to the essential movement skills required for effective performance in netball. Specific tasks will enable the coach to identify the coaching points, common errors and corrective measures associated with each of the movement skills. The workshop will examine practice design and outline how to progress a movement skill practice with specific emphasis on making progressions game related throughout.
By the end of the workshop a coach should be able to:
- Explain the importance of body alignment in movement skill execution;
- Identify the movement skills required in the game of netball and explain the coaching points;
- Explain the common errors & corrective measures associated with each movement skill;
- Observe and analyse an individual’s performance;
- Plan movement skill practices which incorporate decision-making and are game related.
Please note that this is a practical workshop and may require coaches to participate in some activities, it is therefore advisable to ensure appropriate clothing and footwear is worn.
Cost: £25 for EN Affiliated members / £35 for non-members
To book your place on the course please complete the below booking form or for more information please contact Sam Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org