Each week we bring you a good news story from across the South West as part of our wedNEWSday articles.
It’s that time again when we look to celebrate all of our fabulous South West volunteers in the 2019 South West Goalden Globes. This year the event has been bought forward due to an exciting World Cup that is happening in Liverpool in July… all the regional winners will be invited to the National England Netball Vitality Goalden Globe Awards on Sunday 14th July. The South West Regional Goalden Globes will be taking place on the evening of Friday 26th April 2019 at The Mount Somerset Hotel, Taunton, with timings TBC.
Do you have a volunteer that you wish to thank? Can you think of someone who deserves to be recognised for the outstanding contribution they have made to making netball happen? Now is the time to complete a nomination form and to make sure what they have achieved is shared with others.
Nominations are sought across the following categories:
- Grassroots Coach Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to a grassroots netball club coaching as a volunteer, for a minimum of 5 year making a particular impact between 1st Jan – 21st Dec 2018.
- Sheelagh Redpath Grassroots Official Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to netball officiating as a volunteer at a grassroots level for a minimum of 5 years, this award can include umpiring, match bench officials, scorers, mentors and assessors.
- Young Volunteer Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to netball as a volunteer under the age of 25 years old. The nominee should have volunteered for a minimum of 2 years in any capacity of netball administration, coaching or officiating.
- Outstanding Netball Club Award Nomination Form – Presented to a netball club who has made an outstanding contribution within their community. Clubs must be affiliated to England Netball and hold a current CAPS award.
- Teacher Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to netball through delivery in the education environment having volunteered for a minimum of 3 years and this to be outside their statutory responsibilities as a teacher.
- Unsung Hero Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to netball through the delivery of club or local league netball having volunteered for a minimum of 5 years in any capacity.
- Mary Bulloch Administrator Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to netball delivery, through administration, for a minimum of 3 years making a particular impact between 1st January and 31st December 2018.
- Muriel McNally Award Nomination Form – Outstanding contribution to netball delivery through administration, coaching or officiating at grassroots club level for a minimum of 10 years.
- Inclusion and Diversity Award Nomination Form (direct national nomination) – Developing netball to address equality for the inclusion and participation of all people, Initiatives to equip the disadvantaged, overcome barriers to participation and engaging with communities.
- Rose Award Nomination Form (direct national nomination) – The nominee(s) will have made an exceptional contribution to netball in any capacity with particular impact between 1st January 2018 and 31st December 2018.
- Long Service Award Nomination Form (direct national nomination) – Volunteering must be for a minimum of 25 years (as at 31 December 2018) at County, Regional, National or International level and should not include the volunteer’s playing history.
Closing date for all nominations is midnight on Wednesday 13 March 2019
All nominations are to be submitted to the South West office at the following address, England Netball South West Regional Office, Somerset Activity & Sports Partnership, Castle Road, Chelston Business Park, Wellington, TA21 9JQ or to Southwest@englandnetball.co.uk
If you have a good news story that you would like to share please send your story and a picture to Laura Woodruff (email@example.com)